Friday, April 25, 2014

Casual Chats with Fashion Phenom Cynthia Rowley

Belk had its Girls Night Out at its new Galleria Dallas location on April 17, 2014 and fashion designer Cynthia Rowley was there for a personal appearance and fashion show.  Belk and Lucky Magazine did an incredible job with cocktails flowing all night, appetizers being passed around and an endless amount of dessert trays...OMG! Add the fact that there was a nail bar for guests to get their nails done AND swag bags...and I was completely sold.

Belk Girls Night Out Galleria Dallas Cynthia Rowley Fashion Show
Cynthia Rowley Fashion Show at Belk Galleria Dallas 4/17/2014 / Photo Credit: Leah Frazier
I was so pumped that I was granted the opportunity to interview Cynthia Rowley.  As always before an interview, I was completely nervous like...will she be personable? Will she get "me"? I've done a million interviews but every time I get the jitters.  So I walk in and Cynthia was so nice and so down to earth!  Like literally, she was probably one of my more favorite interviews. (Read the full interview here on DFW Style Daily.)

Belk Girls Night Out Galleria Dallas Cynthia Rowley Leah Frazier
Me Interviewing Cynthia Rowley / Photo Credit: Shana Anderson Photography
If you don't know about Cynthia, you should.  Her work has literally been in Vogue, Glamour and all of the major fashion publications.  But if you met her, you wouldn't even be intimidated by that.  She just wanted to chit chat with me and talk about how great the food in Dallas is.  (Yeah, that's my girl Cynthia...total foodie!)

Belk Girls Night Out Galleria Dallas Cynthia Rowley Leah Frazier
Cynthia Rowley (left) and Me / Photo Credit: Shana Anderson Photography
Anyways, I always feel as though God can use people to speak to you, and there was a moment when Cynthia turned to me during the interview...looked me dead in the eye and told me to not put any limits on myself.  If I dream of something and want to do it, then just do it! It was really weird but exciting at the same time. God can work in mysterious ways and can speak through people...but your heart has to be open and your ears ready to receive it.

Belk Girls Night Out Galleria Dallas Cynthia Rowley Fashion Show
Cynthia Rowley collection available at Belk / Photo Credit: Leah Frazier

Belk Girls Night Out Galleria Dallas Cynthia Rowley Fashion Show
Cynthia Rowley collection available at Belk / Photo Credit: Leah Frazier
I'm excited for this journey in my life right now.  From Sarah Jessica Parker speaking positive affirmations to Cynthia Rowley...maybe I'm onto something here in my fashion career.  Who knows? All I know is that I'm happy in this moment...I'm meeting some incredible people and I'm ready to take charge of my life.  What about you???

Stay plugged to my blog because in the next couple of weeks, I'm getting to interview (are you ready for this?) THE Steve Madden AND I'll be having breakfast with THE Sam Edelman!!!! FUNNERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment