Thursday, December 19, 2013

Bloggers of a Feather, Flock Together: Face of Aftershock Event in Dallas

Last night was the reveal of the "Face" of Aftershock London, an international formal wear brand that opened its U.S. flagship store right here in Dallas! The winning model would be the face of the brand for a year and also win a trip to London.  All of the Dallas fashionistas were at Aria and dressed to the nines. After all of the holiday eating, I was dressed "comfortably" to the nines...ensuring that my pants had a stretch waist haha but nonetheless all decked out in Express.  First...let's start with the shoes.  Yes, I built my outfit entirely around my shoes.

Gold strapped ankle heels by Michael Antonio from DSW

I paired these heels with a "Members Only" styled jacket from Express, a regular cotton racer backed tank and silky styled cobalt blue "above-the-ankle" pants from Express.  Cobalt Blue was THE color of the year for me for 2013 (See blog post featuring my cobalt blue Kate Spade handbag). I finished off the look with a gold and black clutch by Express (of course) and accessories by Stella and Dot & by my girl, Chelsea Bond's "Jetsetter Happy Hour Jewelry".

Pictured with fellow Dallas bloggers: Kelley Barnes of The Style Barn and ShantaQuilette Williams of Style Follows Her
I am always encouraged when bloggers can gather in one building and get along so great and encourage and uplift one another. We are all in it for the love of fashion...but sometimes women can get catty and our competitive natures can take over. However, with these women it was all love and I'm excited for any new ventures that involve these beautiful and talented Dallas bloggers.

The whole concept got me thinking about Ecclesiastes 4:12: ~Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.~

Once we realize that as a unit we are more powerful and can make more waves in Dallas and the fashion industry as a whole TOGETHER, I think that we will all go pretty far. My theory is to always uplift and support all bloggers that I encounter and to engage in as many partnerships and collaborations as I can. I think overall in life, this is how God intended for us to be--to work together towards a common purpose instead of trying to do everything on our own.

Me and the beautiful Mary Mirsky, Stylist and Dallas Blogger...this is what I call "High Low Fashion"...me being the high and Mary being the low...height-wise...haha!
All in all, it was a fabulous event..full of mixing and mingling and rounding out 2013 with some of Dallas' finest fashionistas.  I can't wait for what 2014 will bring...what God will reveal and the opportunities that will be realized.  BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL~Leah

Me and the hardest working PR girl in town, Amber LaFrance of Culture-Hype

No comments:

Post a Comment