Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Jay-Z in Dallas: The Carter Takeover is Now Complete

*Sigh* What can I say? I'm with Kid Fury on this one.  The Carters combined for 2013...have snatched my edges completely this year and left me bald.  I mean...first was Beyonce's concert in July and it was EVERYTHING!  It was non-stop dancing and singing for at least a couple of hours.

Then came the shocker on December 13, 2013 when Beyonce secretly dropped her album. It's a moment I will never forget.  I was late to work because I wasn't leaving until I downloaded all 32 items off of her visual album.  My productivity that day...was at an all-time low.  I drove to work in a daze....in shock that Beyonce had released an album and I had no clue.  At this point, I didn't need a Christmas present because Beyonce had just given me the ultimate Christmas gift...her album.

And then...came the Jay-Z concert on December 21, 2013. The last time I saw Jay-Z was when he came with Kanye for the Watch the Throne concert.  I have videos on my iPhone STILL from the concert it was so great. My last phone was at the brink of having zero memory and shutting down....it came between me losing my contacts or losing my Watch the Throne concert videos...and let's just say I deleted contacts.  The concert was just that great.

So what to wear to the newest Jay-Z concert? It was a little cold in Dallas but not cold enough for tights or anything so I opted to go balls to the wall with no tights and peep toe booties.  I think the outfit turned out pretty good.  And knowing that I would be completely turned up at the concert and probably sweating, I opted to layer just in case I needed to shed a layer or two. I think that a faux fur vest goes great over anything (t-shirt, blouse, dress, etc.) so you really can't go wrong.  You should definitely invest in one if you don't have one.

Layered a faux fur vest from Nordstrom Rack over a cowl-necked sweater dress; paired with Marco Santi peep toe boots purchased on sale from Hautelook.com / Clutch by Coach
I went to the concert with my girlfriend Marquea and as always, we screamed all of the lyrics at the top of our lungs and Jay-Z rocked it out.  One of the best concerts of 2013 for me.  He really knows how to get the crowd hype and the energy was just amazing.  If you missed the concert, then I'm sorry...it was crazy good!

You missed the concert?  So sad for you!
Marquea and I

No comments:

Post a Comment