Thursday, November 1, 2012

When in doubt, taupe it out

Fall in Texas is super crazy.  It goes from 80 degrees one day to 50 degrees the next.  So how do you cope?  How do you adjust?  Here, I was able to pair a short-sleeved over-sized sweater with fitted Express magenta jeggings.  (Note: if wearing an oversized sweater, always slim your figure back down by pairing with fitted pants.  Otherwise, your shape will get swallowed by both an oversized top and bottom.) 

Since magenta served as my "pop of color", I toned the rest of my outfit out with taupe.  Taupe boots, taupe purse and a taupe scarf.  I've found that taupe balances with just about every "pop of color" and is an essential color for Fall and Winter.  Since taupe drifts into the grey/silver color scheme, make it pop even more by adding gold accessories.  Finish it off with your favorite sunnies (mine are my animal print Jimmy Choo's pictured here) and you're good to go!  While Fall weather in Texas is crazy, your outfit doesn't have to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment