Friday, November 9, 2012

Unpredictable and Unconcerned

Don't be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes.  This is how the holy women of old made themselves beautiful...they trusted God. ~1 Peter 3~


This was probably one of my most simple outfits because this Texas weather is so unpredictable.  It's November and I'm still wearing peep-toe wedges, cropped pants and flimsy blouses!  Can you believe it?  Often times as a lover of fashion I can become consumed by what I'm wearing, my make-up and how my hair is styled.  Why so much emphasis on outward appearances..when all along it's what's on the inside that's most important?  At times when I need to humble myself and go back to what truly should be my foundation of beauty, I reference the verse above.

For this photo, I went sans make-up *STARE* and pulled together my most comfortable pieces.  I left my hair natural and pulled into a simple bun.  Funny how the most simple of outfits turn out to be the most beautiful of photos.  [Jewelry: {Red-i} By Chelsea, Blouse: Nordstrom's, Peep-toe Wedges: Nine West]

No comments:

Post a Comment