Sunday, November 25, 2012

Cool, Confident and Collected


Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about what we cannot see. ~Hebrews 11:1~

I took these pics fresh off of learning that I had passed the California bar exam. Knowing that all of the odds were stacked against me but that I had God in my corner was just a light that was beaming from inside of me and ready to shine upon the world.

The odds were NOT in my favor...I had to continue to work full-time and study at night. My bar study course administrator pretty much hinted that I would not pass during our first conversation because I continued to work full-time.  I had co-workers who doubted and other horror stories of individuals who took the bar 3 or more times only to see another "FAIL".

I did the best that I could, prayed about it, gave it up to God and rested assured that in my faith, I would pass.  I also had many amazing women from my Covenant Church group who prayed every hour on the hour for two days while I was taking the exam to see me through. 

All that to say, you can do anything that you put your mind to.  This phrase is not cliche'....it's the absolute truth.  Imagine how many people shy away from their desires and dreams because they listen to other people who doubt them.  Surround yourself by people who will support you and your dreams...who will uplift you when you're feeling down.  I guarantee that you will be steps closer to achieving your purpose here in life and experiencing your dreams.

I guess I should talk a little fashion, huh?  In my celebration, these pics were taken.  Are we loving the infamous Angelina Jolie leg action?

  • Jewelry - Red[i] by Chelsea
  • Belt - NYC and Company
  • Skirt - Urban Outfitters
  • Black Mesh Cuff - Lia Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment