Friday, May 23, 2014

This Chic is Bananas, No Really She Is: Shirin Askari Spring Summer Collection Tee

I was first introduced to Dallas designer and previous Project Runway Season 6 contestant Shirin Askari as I toured the different showrooms during Market Week at Dallas Market Center. Shirin showed us her new Spring/Summer 2014 collection which included a ton of colorful prints and patterns and then I saw this shirt "This Chic is Bananas"...which stuck out like a sore thumb but I loved it! When you're at the showroom, it's typically for buyers or retailers to purchase apparel..not just regular ole Joe Shmoe's like you and me to go in and buy.  So I left the showroom with this shirt on my mind.

Shirin Askari Leah Frazier Dallas Fashion Blogger Beauty4Ashes This Chic Is Bananas
Yes, I'm sitting on a teddy bear in the middle of the park..straight randomness! / T-shirt, Shirin Askari / Skirt, H&M / Studded Heels, Nine West (old)
  Fast forward to several weeks ago, when Front Door Fashion announced that Shirin was going to have a trunk show at their showroom. SCORE! I already knew I was buying this shirt. It totally explains me to a "T". All of my friends know that I am completely cray...or bananas as either Rachel Zoe or the shirt would explain it.

Shirin Askari Leah Frazier Dallas Fashion Blogger Beauty4Ashes This Chic Is Bananas

So I bought the shirt and while it was a splurge for a basic tee, you really can't beat the quality and the softness of this t-shirt.  It's not 100% cotton so I don't have to worry about it shrinking and only getting one use out of it.  Also--I probably should have gotten the tee in a size smaller...it's super roomy, but hey...just in case I fatkid it up and gain weight, I have room, right?

Shirin Askari Leah Frazier Dallas Fashion Blogger Beauty4Ashes This Chic Is Bananas

It's easily paired with jeans or with a leather studded skirt like I have on.  Put on a colorful bauble necklace to add color and you're good to go!

Shirin Askari Leah Frazier Dallas Fashion Blogger Beauty4Ashes This Chic Is Bananas

Anyways, check the Shirin Askari collection out and let me know if you're feeling the newest addition to my t-shirt collection.

*All images taken by Thomas Garza for Thomas Garza Photography*

2 comments: