In honor of National Burger Month, Del Frisco's Grille locations in Dallas, Southlake and Fort Worth had their chefs create specially curated burgers in order to celebrate the special occasion. I'm definitely a burger kind of gal, so I ventured out to the Uptown location of Del Frisco's Grille to see what all the fuss was about.
|"Uptowner" burger / Photo Credit: Leah Frazier|
Executive Chef Antonio Zamora created the "Uptowner" burger in honor of National Burger Month. Zamora touts, "We take two prime beef patties, herb roasted wild shiitake, portabella, oyster and crimini mushrooms, and top it with local creamy brazos Brie cheese, crunchy pepper arugula tossed in truffle vinaigrette and finish it with a sweet basil aioli on an Empire bakery brioche bun."
This burger was so mouthwatering and tasty--the brie cheese is what truly makes this burger. I paired this burger with both the seasoned Frites and adult milkshake for a total burger tasting experience.
|Adult Milkshake / Photo Credit: Leah Frazier|
For those of you who want to try your chef hats at recreating this beauty, here's the recipe for this foodie creation straight from Del Frisco's--or you could just venture down to the Uptown location to try it out. If you do decide to try out this recipe, leave a comment and let me know how it turns out:
|Photo Credit: Used Courtesy of Endicott PR for Del Frisco's Grille|
2 prime beef patties
1 Brioche Hamburger Bun
1.5 oz. Local Brazos Brie Cheese
1.5 oz. Herb roasted Mushrooms
.5 oz. Organic Arugula
1 tbsp. Truffle Chive Vinaigrette
2 tbsp. Basil Mayo
1. Season both patties evenly on both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Place on Griddle and cook for two minutes.
3. Flip over and immediately place mushrooms on top of patties and the Brie over the mushrooms and cover till heated.
4. Butter the buns and toast on griddle until they are golden brown.
5. Spread basil mayo on both the top and bottom bun.
6. Toss arugula in a small bowl with truffle chive vinaigrette and set on the bottom half of the bun.
7. Place cooked patties on arugula and cover with the top bun.