Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Super Soft and Sexy Foot Soak

It's that time of the year ladies, yep...that time of the year where we need to pay extra special attention to our feet and to chip away at everything that has built up over the colder months. What woman doesn't want super soft and sexy feet but wants it all the time and not just those one or two times out of the month when she goes get a pedicure?

I've tried everything from shea butter foot products to cocoa butter but I'm not getting that baby bottom softness that I want. Every time I go in to get a pedicure, I always think of that Martin episode when She-nae-nae gives a pedicure to a customer and she whips out eye goggles and a machine grinder/drill to grind the woman's toenails and get the dead skin off!!! LOL  I always imagine that's how it is for the folks at the nail shop! My poor pedicure people...from the bottom of my heart and on behalf of all women who can't seem to get dry feet under control....I'm sorry!

Martin Shenehneh Pedicure
I die crying everytime I see this episode!  Her feet must have been rough!!!
Anyways, so here's what I've been doing once a week--the dead skin literally just wipes off, my feet end up smelling fresh and they are left soft for days! I saw this on Pinterest (Hello Beautiful Face entry) but added some of my favorite Dr. Teal's products to give me the at-home spa-like experience that I like.

Foot Soak Dr. Teal's Dallas Beauty Blogger Leah Frazier
My feet in the foot soak...don't judge!
So here's what I do...in a bowl or tub big enough to rest your feet combine:

  • 1/4 Cup Listerine (The blue kind...this will have your feet smelling wintry fresh!)
  • 1/4 Cup Vinegar
  • Warm Water (Enough to cover the bottoms of your feet...not too much ...you don't want to dilute the mixture)
  • 1/4 Cup Dr. Teal's Epsom Salt Soaking Solution
  • 4-5 drops of Dr. Teal's Olive Oil Treatment
Dr. Teal's Epsom Salt Dr. Teal's Olive Oil Treatment

I hope you like my do-it-yourself, foot soak.  After soaking your feet for 15 minutes, the dead skin should rub off on your towel. Rub hard to get the dead skin off.  I've found by placing the olive oil mixture in the soak, that I don't need to run and apply lotion to my feet right away.

I'm curious to see how this works for you!  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment