Monday, January 20, 2014

Dallas Restaurant Review: Spiral Diner

4.5 rating out of 5

Spiral Diner is located in South Dallas and is known for having a 100% vegan menu. For those who LOVE meat (like me) and couldn't possibly imagine life without meat--I know that this sounds completely boring and tasteless.  But...I dare you to give Spiral Diner a try...it will definitely make a believer out of you.  They have everything from "faux" milkshakes to loaded nachos to vegan soul food.  Ok...I see you're still not convinced.  If you can get over the mere fact that the milkshakes are made from almond milk and the loaded nachos are drizzled with a vegetable based cheese...then I know you will REALLY enjoy this diner.  It is truly a gem. 

Spiral Diner: 1101 N. Beckley Ave., Dallas, TX 75203

My mom and I went to Spiral Diner after church one Sunday and since we were under a spiritual fast through church that removed meat from our diets, Spiral Diner seemed like the natural choice. Tip: If you go to Spiral Diner, there will be a wait...so either get there super early or wait until after 1:30PM, otherwise you will be caught in the "after church" crowd and will have to wait at least 45 minutes to an hour.

Upon my arrival I was super parched, so as soon as we were seated, I ordered an Oogave watermelon cream soda. It was soooo good.  I think I ended up having 4 glasses. Oogave is an all-natural organic soda with no chemicals, no GMO products and it's caffeine free. It was delicious! If you don't want to go to Spiral Diner for this...no worries, I've spotted Oogave at Central Market several times.

Oogave Watermelon Cream Soda
Then I ordered the pancakes with blueberries, tofu scrambler and vegan sausage.  It was amazing!  But...the pancakes were seriously (hands down) some of the best pancakes that I have EVER had.  The next time I go back to Spiral Diner...I will ONLY be getting the pancakes..a FULL STACK! They were served with an agave syrup...but seriously, the syrup was not even necessary because the pancakes were just that good.

Blueberry Pancakes w/ vegetable margarine, vegan sausage and tofu scrambler...yum!
I am definitely interested in going back and tasting more items off of the menu...such as the milkshakes, the nachos and the soul food ribs/mac-n-cheese.  I can't wait!  If you do venture out and try Spiral Diner, let me know.  I'm interested in knowing what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment