Friday, October 10, 2014

National Handbag Day 2014: Top Picks and Top Trends

Did you know that there was a National Handbag Day? Well I didn't either until recently, but whoever thought of October 10th as the day that will honor only the greatest of wardrobe accessories is just pure GENIUS! I'm completely obsessed with handbags and will admit openly here that I have an addiction. From totes to crossbody bags to clutches, I have an overflowing closet full of handbags in different shapes, sizes and colors and for different occasions. In honor of National Handbag Day, I've decided to list out my top handbag picks and trends for 2014. Ready to swoon?  Here you go!




Top Trend for 2014: Bucket Bags



Bucket bags are making a comeback and is notably one of the top handbag trends for 2014. My favorite is the Mansur Gavriel bucket bag which is in such high demand that you have to be on a list to pre-order the handbag!  I want it and I want it now!









My Top Tote for 2014: Freedom of Animals Veronika Tote

This tote is one that is both basic and functional but also so incredibly well made that it will stop people dead in their tracks when they see it. I compared this to the "poor man's Hermes Birkin" handbag in one of my earlier posts (read here) and it truly is. I get looks and inquiries everytime I wear this handbag!






Photo Credit: Thomas Garza



Top Casual Bag for 2014: Hobo Crossbody Bag

The crossbody bag is definitely one of the top casual handbags for 2014. From festivals to a casual walk in the park, this highly multi-functional bag is one that can be easily dressed up and down and one that needs to be in every gal's closet. My favorite brand for crossbody's this year would definitely be Hobo. They are very well made, using fine quality leathers and did I mention...oh so cute!










Top Clutch: Bottega Venetta

Clutches are definitely a staple for the handbag enthusiast. Whether worn casually in a light fabric or embellished lavishly for a formal night out on the town, clutches are definitely one of my favorite "purses" to carry. So what clutch has caught my eye this year as a top pick? I'm head over heels for the Bottega Veneta clutch. It's simple, yet elegant and everywhere I shop, I notice brands trying to emulate this popular style.



Photo from: www.shopjacquem.com



Top Local Handbag for 2014: Jacque M (Gimme Fringe!)


Lastly, on a local level, handbag extraordinaire Jacque M is taking the DFW handbag world by storm. With her unique and innovative designs, this local designer has definitely caught my eye. For 2014, I fell in love with the Accessories in the Nude Competition winner's fringe detail on her one-of-a-kind foldover clutches. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.







This is just the tip of the iceberg. I can't wait to see what top picks and trends 2015 will bring! Have a favorite handbag of yours that you would like to share? Email me a pic and you may just make a future blog post!

2 comments:

  1. I never knew about this day before reading this blog. I was looking for top handbag brands as my sister’s wedding is on this fall and I am planning to give her this as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I hoped this post helped you narrow it down. :-)

      Delete