Jouer Cosmetics touched down in Dallas on September 24, 2014 at Blushington Makeup and Beauty Lounge and I decided to attend the French Fete soiree to get the scoop. Myself and my newest beauty contributor, Meagan Frazier, attended the "Girl's Night Out" event to see if this line of cosmetics could fare with some of our all-time favorites (i.e. Nars, Urban Decay, MakeUp Forever, etc.).
|Beauty Contributor Meagan Frazier receiving her Jouer touch-up|
As we tend to review things from the "women of color" point of view, I reached out to my newest contributor and beauty junkie sister, Meagan, to give me her complete and honest opinion of the newest launch of the French award-winning cosmetics company. After receiving a complimentary touch-up and getting up close and personal with Blushington professionals, here's our newest resident expert's opinion on Jouer.
- Super light texture, non-clogging, natural, easy to apply and in love with the year-round colors
- The blush lends itself to a myriad of skin types
- Great selection of tinted moisturizers with SPF in illuminizing as well as matte
- Absolutely LOVED the lipsticks, tints and glosses...the BEST SELLERS of this brand! A definite MUST HAVE! They are super light, non-sticky and last all day.
- There was not enough color for the woman of color. Specifically, there were no base colors that would work in most light settings for a woman of medium to darker skin or the woman who has spent too long in natural light or artificial light
- Many of the blushes and base colors as well as the tints had a red undertone which is not good for many African-American, Hispanic, Native American, Asian-American, or Pacific Islander women who need more of a golden undertone--lest it makes us look gray and chalky
- The only brow definer was in blond. (We're secretly hoping that we overlooked the darker brow definers.)
- May not be enough coverage for someone wishing to cover blemishes or skin imperfections
The overall premise for this brand is that we will definitely be buying the lip products but will need to see vast improvement on the foundation products (tinted moisturizers, base colors, etc.). We're still on the hunt for the best products for women of color. Think you know the brand? Shoot us an email and we're more than happy to review!