Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Can I Act "Hollywood" Now? I'm on Vogue.com!

Proverbs 29:23 - A man's pride will bring him low, But the humble in spirit will retain honor.

So everyday when I wake up or even when I'm in my car I always pray to God that I continue to stay humble, to stay grounded.  It's hard when I'm getting boxes and boxes of fashion and beauty products sent to me everyday or this comped and that comped to not get full of myself.  When I think about the blood, sweat and tears I have put into fashion for the last 4 years, it's hard not to want to take all of the credit and think that I've gotten here on my own.  But as I continue to reflect on the verse above and at the end of the day I circle back to the thought that everything I do, everything I am is all for His glory.

Today was a big feat for us (me and God).  I was featured on Vogue.com.  I had a great shoot with an amazing photographer, Thomas Garza displaying Fall looks.  To see my blog name "Beauty 4 Ashes" on Vogue.com literally just made me pause.  I want people to question what it means...I want people to come to my blog out of curiosity...whatever it takes to redirect people to Him.

With all of my personal goals with fashion and with all of the distractions of getting invites to this show or that show, so and so put you on their VIP list or here's a bag full of luxury items just cause...I want to let all my friends and family members know not to have any worries.  Leah's not going to go and get "Hollywood" anytime soon. My purpose through HIM is much bigger than all of this.

But.....if someone wants to put me at the Chef's table feeding me and my "plus one" a five-course meal while I sit in my Jimmy Choos and sip Veuve Clicquot, I won't complain! haha (Just kidding...kind of)

Vogue.com Clarks Fall Shoes Promo 9.17.2013 (Best. Day. Ever) / Photography by Thomas Garza, Make-up By Melanie Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment