Friday, April 19, 2013

Get naked!

Just recently at two events I have received more compliments on my eye make-up than at any other event I have attended.  I find it really flattering when people ask, "YOU did your own eye make-up?"  Ummmm yeah!

While I would LOVE to take all of the credit for my fabulous eye shades and blends lately, I just can't.  I'm not a genius...just a girl who loves her beauty products and make-up.

So to create a fabulous eye for the evening, I prime my eye with Urban Decay's eye primer potion.  This will ensure that my eye make-up stays put ALL day with no re-touches. For everyday I use the primer on the right and for a little shimmer I use the primer on the left.


The best primer ever!!!!!

Next I apply my eye shadow according to the layout on picture below.  This is the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette.  One of my most favorite palettes.  You can not go wrong with these eye shadow colors.  The palette is $50 but it literally lasts and you can create so many different looks that you get your money's worth immediately.



I apply "outer mid lid" first, then "mid lid." Then, I apply the "above crease shade" so that I can blend the other colors over it.  Next, I apply the "crease" and create my smokey eye with the "outer crease" color.  The diagram below leaves off that the inner eye lid color is the 4th from the right.  This is the color that tops everything off.  Blend all harsh lines with a blending brush and VOILA!  Last but not least, don't forget to apply the "brow bone" shade to highlight the arch of your brow.  And that's it!!!!!  This is my secret, hope you guys enjoy! (It helps to have a good set of brushes to achieve good blending and to have each color pop out on your eye.)

No comments:

Post a Comment