Monday, May 25, 2015

Your Divine Voice: A Healing Source of Inspiration

Have you ever heard of the phrase "divine voice" and truly wondered what it meant? I think at times I've struggled with this terminology myself. When I hear of someone "using their divine voice," I think of this supernatural bodily takeover where the Holy Spirit does a complete 100% takeover of your body, mind, and spirit -- takes over your tongue, says what the Lord wants you to say to the listener, and then goes back into hibernation. I know...slightly dramatic, but these are the visions I get in my head. I've always told myself that I'm not necessarily sure that I have a divine voice but once again, God proved me wrong.


Divine Voice



Several days ago, I ventured out to a low-key coffee shop here in town to conduct an interview for my online magazine. It started off as just another interview -- prepped a little before by reading the bio of the individual, other write-ups she's received, etc. I was ready...or was I?


Ascension Coffee Dallas



I get to the coffee shop, chat it up with my favorite server, and order my soy cappuccino. The time was just around 8PM. As she approaches, I'm still under the impression that this will be just another monotonous interview. She sits...a tad nervous...but after a "Hey girl!" here and a "What's up?" there by me, she slinks back in her chair knowing that I'm human just like her. She's now comfortable.


Ascension Coffee Dallas



We get through the first set of introductions and I turn my recorder on. It all starts off as super cliche and all of the basic journalist questions. It then begins to rain and we move inside the coffee shop. We started talking about her inspirations for her craft and she begins to reveal some basic insecurities. As a creative artist driven by her passion but financially tied to a job that will "provide," her inner struggle of passion and purpose begin to surface. As an entrepreneur who recently took a deep dive into "crazy-land" to fully pursue my passion, I immediately began to minister...unknowingly.

~Proverbs 18:21 - The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat of its fruit. ~

Out of nowhere, I began to speak to her situation by telling her my story, where I came from, how God wants her to use her gifts and how she will never really experience the fullness of what He has for her until she steps off of faith, dives off the cliff into "crazy-land," and has the utmost faith that He will provide. Seeing her eyes well with tears, I turn off the recorder and continued to fill her with all of the things God was telling me to tell her. It was probably one of the most powerful moments I've ever experienced.

I sat there for probably an hour with my interview subject ministering to her and she gratefully accepted. She went on to say that she knew our meeting was one bathed in divinity -- that everything I had to say spoke to her situation and was exactly what she needed at that moment. As if awoken from a dream, I re-emerge...only to remember bits of pieces of what was spoken, but alive enough to know that God was there, He spoke, and she was refreshed.




I don't know what the future will hold for this talented artist, but in that moment she was inspired and she felt hope. I now know what it means to speak in my "divine voice." Have you recognized yours? Your divine voice is never for you.  It's when God uses you to share his vision with others based on their need. You won't have to think long and hard about what to say, because it will flow like a river. In what ways has your divine voice healed others? Have you truly allowed God to use you? Just some things to think about as you move forward.

XOXO - Leah

1 comment: