Sunday, December 7, 2014

When Destiny Calls: NFL Player Jason Brown Leaves $37.5 Million Contract to Follow God's Calling

When I first wrote my blog post on pursuing my dreams in fashion, it was welcomed with an overwhelmingly positive response. I openly discussed acknowledging God's voice, following his calling, and going after my purpose regardless of what others said or without the necessity for their approval. (Read more here: Dream Big: What God Has For You is Just That--For You)

Today I was on Facebook when I came across the story of Jason Brown, an NFL player who turned down a $37.5 million contract in order to follow God's calling on his life and start a farm. Not only did Brown admit that he had never farmed a day in his life, he also admitted to having to watch YouTube in order to learn more about the business and how he was going to make it work. All he knew, was that there was more purpose in growing crops on his farm to feed the less fortunate, than making money in the NFL.

Jason Brown NFL First Fruits Farms


I am so incredibly inspired by this story and hope that it touches your heart too.  Read this post here on Examiner.com for more on Jason Brown and his farm called First Fruits Farms. Hopefully it will light a fire for you to go after your passion and calling. Life is not always about the money.

~Your Purpose Is Greater Than A Paycheck~


No comments:

Post a Comment