Wednesday, January 1, 2014

All That Glitters Is Gold

Coming up with this year's New Year's party outfit was a bit difficult because the venue for the party I was attending was between casual and "God knows what."  So I figured you can't go wrong with mixing a little sequin bling with some faux leather and an awesome blazer.  One thing I've learned...you can NEVER go wrong when you fall back on your go-to blazer.  Whether casual or dressy, the blazer can absolutely make the outfit.

Express Clutch, Express sequined camisole and Michael Antonio black and gold shoes from DSW

Arm Candy!!!! Featuring Stella and Dot wrap around serpent bracelet and gold-plated accessories by Jetsetter Happy Hour Jewelry

I ended up attending the NY g(EE) celebration...so thoughtfully named after my good friend and local Dallas musician Larry g(EE).  I couldn't wait to rock it out with him and my friends...so much that I went ahead and packed his CD in my clutch so that I could jam all the songs while I was en route to the venue.


Once I arrived, it was all over.  I was in full party mode and ready to bring in the new year with all of my friends.  I was double sure to wear an outfit that I could dance the night away in and also peel layers just in case I started to get hot and sweat. While at the party, I just kept thinking over and over just how blessed I have been.  God NEVER ceases to amaze me.  I have an incredible group of friends and supporters here in Dallas and one thing that 2013 taught me was that when one door closes, don't sweat it.  God has an even BIGGER and BETTER door that he is preparing me for. I have a list literally a mile long of doors that were shut in my face in 2013 and how God delivered me to even better and greener pastures--beyond my imagination.  And when you're surrounded by great family and friends...what's there to be sour or disappointed about?

Chelsea Bond (Red-i by Chelsea Jewelry), Me and the best Publicist in town, Amber LaFrance (Culture-Hype)

Am I really that tall...or is Chelsea just teeny-weeny?  Good Lord woman!

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...and then dance the night away!


2013 was everything that I could have hoped for.  I've learned so many lessons from God and about myself through failed opportunities and experiences that I am anxious about moving forward into 2014 and never looking back.  I can't wait until this time next year where I can look back once again and see just how far He has brought me.

Life is for the living.  What are you waiting for?  Get out there and make your dreams come true! Happy New Year!








No comments:

Post a Comment